Maslin Leg Drill
This idea was developed by my friend Jamie Maslin and i thought I would share his video:
Here’s me making fire by friction with my leg! I’m bracing my hand against my other leg, but if necessary, you could use a tree instead. This means that you could do this with both a broken leg and broken arm – in theory that is!!!!
In practise, you would still have to carve the drill, hand hold and board of course; unless you had it in your kit bag or base camp ready to go.
You can also do this by tying the cordage to you elbow and using your arm for a bow (if you hold the cordage out slightly with your thumb). This method requires both hands though unless you use a mouth piece.
Would love to see any other new methods people have come up with.
Hope you enjoy!
- Yo Yo Trap- Survival Fishing
- Yo Yo Trap Jug Set- Survival Fishing
- Wrapping the Wool Blanket, An Exerpt from Training the WV Wilderness EMS
- Wrapping In A Wool Blanket
- WOOL BLANKET TRICKS
- Wool Blanket Survival Pack by BOSS
- Woodgas folding pocket stove”Sudden” technique2
- Winter Wilderness Survival Food
- winter survival skills trailer – shelter water fire making.wmv
- Winter Survival – Shelter
- Winter Army Fire and Shelter
- Wilderness Survival Tip: Rocky Outcroppings Can Be A Good Place For Natural Shelters
- Wilderness Survival Shelter Building part 2
- Wilderness Survival Shelter Building part 1
- Wilderness Survival Rain Poncho as a Shelter
- Wilderness Survival – Edible Plants & Edibility Test