Wilderness Survival: Canoe Camping (Sample Clips) with Thomas J. Elpel
With two water bottles and a flute in their canoe, Thomas J. Elpel and intern Kris Reed go survival camping at the local lake. Amidst the abundant waterfowl, wildlife, and intermittent rain showers and thunderstorms, they camp for three days and two nights and demonstrate all of the skills required to meet their basic needs, including:
Shelter: Canoe lean-to, canoe coal bed.
Fire: Soda bottle puddle lens.
Water: Aromatic herbs to kill germs.
Edible Plants: Cattail shoots and pollen, orache, and desert currants.
Fungi: Giant horse mushroom.
Meat: Bull snake, figure 4 deadfall traps, soda bottle fishing pole.
Cooking: Steamed veggies and veggie wraps on a hot rock.
Clothing: Cattail visors.
Medicine: Mudscreen, cactus slime, willow toothbrush.
Filmed and edited by Zone 5 Pictures.
Canoe Camping DVD. ISBN: 978-1-892784-24-7. July 2006. Full Version: 90 Minutes.
Order through www.HOPSPress.com
- WOW! Best Wilderness / Bushcraft Survival Knife? – David Discovers Habilis Bushtool Survival Knife
- Working At The Super Shelter No 2
- Wool Blankets Winter Camping Part 2
- Wool Blanket Hat
- Wool Blanket Hammock
- Wooden Pulleys and Lifting
- Woodcrafters Bench Part 4 Spoon Mule Attachment
- Woodcrafters Bench Part 2
- Woodcrafters Bench Part 1
- Wood stove / Searching for water / Drinkable water [The survival game #04]
- Wood Pellet Hobo Stove Test – New Pot Stand and Wind Screen Combo
- Wood Craft on a Budget Part 3 Sheath Knives Continued
- Winter Wilderness Living Skills Course 2013
- Winter Tree ID Part 2
- Winter Tree ID Part 1
- Winter Survival – Super Shelter Experiment